Saturday 29 October 2011

A very difficult subject to photograph


Gnomes are a hard subject to photograph. I mean, they're pretty industrious.
I guess they have to be--living in the woods and all.
Picking berries and mushrooms and whatnot.

Sometimes they get a little annoyed when you interrupt their work.
And given the chance they can be a bit mischievous, stealing hats and playing pranks.
And other times just getting them all to look in the same direction, well....
it's nearly impossible.
They don't like being in the lime light either, so they try to slip off back into the woods.

And sometimes they just crack under the pressure.
They just really don't like being disturbed.
But, occasionally, if you catch one by themselves, they might be patient for a few shots.

Just a few.
So be quick.
And always offer Halloween candy. It might at least get one to smile. (And yes, I made every costume from top to bottom. And they won best costume at our ward Halloween party--that's two in row, but who's counting?)
My parents inspired me, by the way. They took a trip to Norway this summer and they were there over Norway's National Day. Hence, lots of pictures of cool costumes. Can you tell Sebastian's costume is based off of this Sami's outfit?

And with the girls, I went for the traditional Norwegian bunad. Yes, that's what it's called. But gnomes are cute, so they still stayed gnomes anyway. I bought all the ribbon off of Etsy--yeah, for Etsy!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh wow!!!! You totally deserve best costume. Those are awesome!!!

Kayli said...

OH! MY! GOSH!!! OHMYGOSH! OH MY *G*O*S*H*!!!!
Kami these are the CUTEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!! YOUR KIDS ARE *PERFECT* IN THESE!!! I love every single picture!!!!!

I love the one of Elena pulling off Sebi's hat, and Isabelle's cheese face, and his POUCH!! OH my goodness!! I die!!! Their boots! Their noses!!! Kami, these win the cutest costume award for ALL TIME!! GOOOD GOOOOOD JOB!!!!!!!!

Andrea said...

You are amazing.